Monday 22 August 2011

22nd August, 2011


Dear Husband,

This day three years ago, we were still dating. We rode to work that morning together, kissed ourselves goodbye and hoped to ride back home together. I got the call like 4pm saying you needed to use the car to get home fast because Medua was suddenly ill. You said you would come back for me but i thought i should go with you. I remember the ride home, i remember the traffic, i remember the tension and the silent prayers, i remember the "women of faith" song you left playing on repeat. At some point you got out of the car and begged me to pls keep driving down in the traffic while you took a bike home. I obliged you and i prayed everything will be okay.

Im glad you got there on time, you spoke to him, told him how much you loved him and asked him to remember the promise you siblings made to each other when your lovely momma died. We rushed him to the hospital, but he was gone. "Brought in dead" the doctors said and i cried. I cried because he was your sibling. I cried because you hurt. Dear Husband, we lost Medua that day but our confidence lies in the comfort of his being with the Lord. He loved the lord, you know he did and God knows why he took him. I was with you in your grieve and you will never grieve over me or our children. I was with you then and il be with you forever.

Its been three years and i know you miss him. Im saddened by the fact that i didnt get to know him much but i know it is well. On this day Medua, we remember you, continue to rest in the bossom of our lord Jesus christ till we meet to part no more Amen

No comments: